sales@name1price.com
Call:
+1 415 300-0019
Setting up the required server environment - part 2 PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Written by Zhiwen Teh   
Tuesday, 10 February 2009 23:56

I have had the chance to help my fellow friend the other day on ez.no to set up his ezpublish site. He was facing some problems and tried installing the site using the bitnami ezpublish stack. Apparently he met with some other problems later on still...

Going through his apache server error log, I found this line

Tue Feb 03 08:24:31 2009] [error] [client 169.254.200.119] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\\Temp1\\BitNami eZ Publish Stack\\apps\\ezpublish\\htdocs\\lib\\ezfile\\classes\\ezdir.php on line 496, referer:

One important thing to take note is that PHP comes installed with the default script execution time set to 30 secs.. This means that any script that takes more than 30 secs to run will automaticallly get its process killed by the apache server.

So we now have a problem. EzPublish is a very powerful content management system hence with power comes the need for more resources. When a user goes to any page for the system has to serve it up for the first time the system compilies and caches that page before serving it up.This process will take up to more than 30secs on unconfigured envrionments. This process thus gets killed by the apache server before it ever gets to serve up anything.

This means that the first person to visit any particular page will experience extra long waiting time. Which means this user will likely experience the above problem

The way to avoid the above problem assuming you are using windows xp and installing using default settings with the bitnami ezpublish stack

• go to C:\program files\bitnami ez publish stack\php\
  • open php.ini file
  • change this entry max_execution_time = 30 to max_execution_time = 3000

That should solve the problem.

Note how that each time you clear the ezpublish cache, the next user to visit any particular page of which the stack is cleared will have to experience that extra long waiting time again.

Tuesday, 24th Oct 2017
Content Management System powered by Gary from Name1Price.com